[Bioc-devel] project templating tools

Nima Hejazi nhejazi at berkeley.edu
Sun Jan 21 23:27:39 CET 2018

Hello ---

I have quite a bit of experience with using the ProjectTemplate package, as
I rely on it for most of my applied work in R -- that is, nearly everything
not related to package development (e.g., applied data analysis for
collaborators, simulation studies, etc.). I've found that it provides a
user-friendly layout and robust system for managing how I structure
projects in a way that is accessible to my collaborators (before
discovering ProjectTemplate, I used a handcrafted layout that was obviously
less portable and less well-maintained). I've always heard good things
after recommending it to collaborators.

While I've developed a handful of packages on Bioconductor and CRAN, I'm
not sure I'm able to comment on workflow construction/authoring practices
in a manner sufficient to be useful in answering your underlying question.
Please let me know if I can comment further. Hope this helps.

Warm Regards,
— Nima Hejazi

--
Nima Hejazi