[Bioc-devel] Question regarding potential package

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Tue Jan 16 23:36:43 CET 2018

On 01/16/2018 04:44 PM, Rupji, Manali wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have recently developed a shiny R package to perform clustering analysis. It is currently in publication and under review. I wish to also create a bio-conductor package for the same. Does bio-conductor allow a shiny tool to be created as a bio-conductor package?
>

> Any help in this regard would be really appreciated.

Many Bioconductor packages include shiny applications.

The best practice is, at least conceptually, to write a good package,
and then to add a shiny interface. By this I mean that the
non-user-interface parts of the functionality are implemented,
documented, illustrated, and tested using functions that are defined in
the package. Indeed, most of the shiny app is also implemented in the
package, so that the R CMD check and other facilities available in R can
be used to provide some confidence that the underlying code is correct.

Martin