[Bioc-devel] rsvg on mac

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Wed Feb 14 02:24:17 CET 2018

Hi Kevin,

As Val said, some CRAN packages with native code won't compile
on our Windows or Mac builders because of missing components,
and rsvg is one of them. Please keep in mind that we already
install many external components required for the compilation
of Bioconductor packages. The process of doing so on a fresh
Mac El Capitan system is documented here:

https://github.com/Bioconductor/BBS/blob/master/Doc/Prepare-MacOSX-El-Capitan-HOWTO.TXT

Installing these components is time consuming and there is always
the risk to introduce some conflicts/instabilities when installing
new components. Given that our resources are limited, it wouldn't
make much sense that we do this for those CRAN packages for which
the binaries are only temporarily unavailable.

Cheers,
H.

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology