[Bioc-devel] how to achieve reproducibility with BiocParallel regardless of number of threads and OS (set.seed is disallowed)

Lulu Chen luluchen @ending from vt@edu
Mon Dec 31 17:29:42 CET 2018

Dear all,

I posted the question in the Bioconductor support site (
https://support.bioconductor.org/p/116381/) and was suggested to direct
future correspondence there.

I plan to generate a vector of seeds (provided by users through argument of
my R function) and use them by set.seed() in each parallel computation.
However, set.seed() will cause warning in BiocCheck().

Someone suggested to re-write code using c++, which is a good idea. But it
will take me much more extra time to re-write some functions from other
packages, e.g. eBayes() in limma.

Hope to get more suggestions from you. Thanks a lot!

Best,
Lulu