[Bioc-devel] Request to un-deprecate a package

Turaga, Nitesh Nite@h@Tur@g@ @ending from Ro@wellP@rk@org
Wed Dec 26 15:40:17 CET 2018

Hi,

“biocLite" will stay deprecated for R version 3.5.2. Please note that the issue is not with “biocLite" but with “mmnet".

“mmnet” has been deprecated for R-3.5.z and is defunct for R-3.6.z.

There are other workaround solutions to this, where you may install the package from the tarball (https://www.bioconductor.org/packages/3.5/bioc/src/contrib/mmnet_1.13.0.tar.gz) using,

	R CMD INSTALL mmnet_1.13.0

This way, you can have the latest release version of R and have all packages up-to date except for “mmnet”.

But I think this question is better served answered in Bioc-devel. So I am forwarding the email.

Best,

Nitesh