[Bioc-devel] Pushing to upstream master

Turaga, Nitesh Nite@h@Tur@g@ @ending from Ro@wellP@rk@org
Wed Dec 26 13:58:26 CET 2018

Hi Anand,

I’m not sure if the configuration on your machine is compromised in some way, but most likely everything is fine.

I tested the exact same commands as you have and it seems to have worked.

Steps:

10871  git clone https://github.com/PoisonAlien/maftools.git

10872  cd maftools

10873  git remote add upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/maftools

10874  git fetch —all

10875  git merge upstream/master

<This is where I have a merge conflict>

10879  emacs DESCRIPTION

<remove the bad version number marked as HEAD>

10881 git commit
[master 579af19] Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master'

10883  git log —oneline

<Show a smooth commit history>

10884  git status

git push upstream master
Counting objects: 54, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (31/31), done.
Writing objects: 100% (54/54), 9.84 KiB | 9.84 MiB/s, done.
Total 54 (delta 38), reused 37 (delta 22)
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/maftools
   8a302b3..579af19  master -> master

You should have your git.bioconductor.org:packages/maftools repo synced with your GitHub now. Please check.

Best,

Nitesh