[Bioc-devel] New ExperimentHub resource and some related questions

Aaron Lun infinite@monkey@@with@keybo@rd@ @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Dec 20 13:00:20 CET 2018

I presume your package is not actually called “SingleCell” (in point 1). This would be pretty confusing wjem compared to the simpleSingleCell package, the SingleCellExperiment package, and the SingleCell biocViews term itself. It would probably make more sense to call it BUStoolsR or some other appropriate pun (e.g., RBUS, which is funniest when it gets to version 3.8.0.).

Also, at first glance, the BUS format seems pretty similar to 10X’s molecule information file, for which the DropletUtils package has a series of reader functions. You may find some of the code there useful for your package. I might also add a readBUS() function to DropletUtils if this turns out to be a popular format for droplet data, though TBH the sparse matrix is a much more common starting point.

-A