[Bioc-devel] adding package maintainers

He, Liye liye@he @ending from hel@inki@fi
Wed Dec 12 13:07:45 CET 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. How about changing the maintainer?

Best,

Liye

________________________________
From: Turaga, Nitesh <Nitesh.Turaga using roswellpark.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:55:23 PM
To: He, Liye
Cc: bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] adding package maintainers

Hi,

Please cc the collaborator you�d like to add. We have to add the email to the BiocCredentials app before they get access to the Bioconductor git repo.  But keep in mind, the person wouldn�t be a maintainer, but a contributor. Because R packages have only 1 official maintainer.

It is advisable that you maintain a Github repo, have your collaborator push changes to your package on Github, and the one maintainer does the �sync� process with the Bioconductor git repo.

I�m pasting the guidelines as given on our website, http://bioconductor.org/developers/package-guidelines/#descriptionAuthors using R or Author/Maintainer:� fields: Use either Authors using R field or Author: and Maintainer: fields, not both. A maintainer designation is required with an actively maintained email. This email will be used for contact regarding an issues that arise with your package in the future.
Only one person should be listed in the Maintainer field to ensure a single point of contact. This person by default will have commit access to the git repository on git.bioconductor.org. Commit access can be given to other developers by request on the bioc-devel mailing list. Another option is to add collaborators to the github repository. This approach enables development by many but restricts push access to git.bioconductor.org.

Best,

Nitesh