[Bioc-devel] Multiple Bioconductor Maintainers?

Warden, Charles cw@rden @ending from coh@org
Wed Aug 22 18:07:52 CEST 2018

Hi Valarie,

Thank you for your response.

I didn’t know about the git.bioconductor.org commit option, so I will keep this in mind.  I am currently pushing updates from my github account, so that may also be a good idea (but the group situation is a little complicated).

This was certainly very helpful!

Thanks again,
Charles

From: "Obenchain, Valerie" <Valerie.Obenchain using RoswellPark.org<mailto:Valerie.Obenchain using RoswellPark.org>>
Date: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 8:01 AM
To: Charles Warden <cwarden using coh.org<mailto:cwarden using coh.org>>, "bioc-devel using r-project.org<mailto:bioc-devel using r-project.org>" <bioc-devel using r-project.org<mailto:bioc-devel using r-project.org>>
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] Multiple Bioconductor Maintainers?

Hi Charles,

We want just one person in the 'Maintainer' field in DESCRIPTION so there is a single point of contact.

You can give multiple people commit access to the package on the git.bioconductor.org server. To do this, write this list (bioc-devel) and provide the emails and github usernames of the persons to add. Alternatively you could add these other people as collaborators on your github account - this would allow multiple active developers but restrict one person pushing to the git.bioconductor.org server.

Valerie