[Bioc-devel] Question

Tim Triche, Jr. tim@triche @ending from gm@il@com
Sat Aug 18 19:11:23 CEST 2018

Vince beat me to it. Don’t use Kent utils unless you have to. If you have something like a bigBed parser, I could perhaps help clean it up. But if you’re doing anything that could possibly be done in Rsamtools or rtracklayer, I would join Vince in urging you to use their functions. You will have less maintenance burden if you do.

This list exists in part to keep package developers from immiserating themselves through misplaced enthusiasm 😉

--t