[Bioc-devel] Question

Shepherd, Lori Lori@Shepherd @ending from Ro@wellP@rk@org
Mon Aug 13 12:55:27 CEST 2018

I think it depends on the journal and your order of priority.  Essentially they are separate tasks but it is always nice when submitting to a journal to link to the accepted package on Bioconductor rather than a github repository.  Keep in mind the review process for a package to be accepted to Bioconductor can take a few days to a few weeks depending on the state of the package.

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Ghiwa Khalil <gk39 using aub.edu.lb>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2018 4:47:44 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: [Bioc-devel] Question

To whom it may concern,

We are a bioinformatics team from the American University of Beirut, we
are currently working on our package to submit to bioconductor.

We have a question which we hope you can help us with.

We plan on writing a paper regarding our package, is it recommended to
 wait to get an acceptance from the bioconductor team before
 sending the paper to be published or is a package submission and paper
 publication independent tasks?

  Thank you.
  Regards,
  Ghiwa