[Bioc-devel] Fwd: Failing package merhr

Turaga, Nitesh Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org
Tue Apr 24 17:17:24 CEST 2018

Begin forwarded message:

From: 露崎 弘毅 <k.t.the-answer at hotmail.co.jp<mailto:k.t.the-answer at hotmail.co.jp>>
Subject: RE: Failing package merhr
Date: April 24, 2018 at 11:07:15 AM EDT
To: "Turaga, Nitesh" <Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org<mailto:Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org>>
Cc: "dritoshi at gmail.com<mailto:dritoshi at gmail.com>" <dritoshi at gmail.com<mailto:dritoshi at gmail.com>>, "manabu.ishii.rb at gmail.com<mailto:manabu.ishii.rb at gmail.com>" <manabu.ishii.rb at gmail.com<mailto:manabu.ishii.rb at gmail.com>>

Hi, Nitesh

I think, this is because of the machine-spec and not related to the window OS itself, because the error message says,

> Error: memory exhausted (limit reached?).

I also checked same code in my machine by

/usr/bin/time -f '%Uu %Ss %er %MkB %x %C' R CMD BATCH test.R

and the result is

16.79u 0.66s 17.94r 383132kB 1 R CMD BATCH test.R

It costs only 16 seconds and 383MB memory space, so I think this example code is not so heavy.

I also granced at the situation of other packages in devel and found that CHECK of many packages like a4Base, affy, affycomp, BgeeDB, Biobase... were failed at only the windows machine.
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/index.html

Perhaps, is this caused by the parallel running of INSTALL/BUILD/CHECK for too many packages?

I' like you to confirm the situation of the windows machine, when running INSTALL/BUILD/CHECK and the error is still reproducible.

Of cource I will deal with any problem about the implementation of our packages.

Thanks,

Koki Tsuyuzaki