[Bioc-devel] git push confusion

Karl Stamm karl.stamm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 18:13:39 CEST 2018

How do I "push to both"? I dont understand the numerous git terminology. On
Friday I tried to push the bugfix but the build server still errors.

git log

commit 17c35588bcb6d87a9520cfad6d7d52fa209c517f (HEAD -> master,
upstream/master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)

So I guess the build servers are not "upstream/master" ??

I have this setup as given in the bioconductor documentation

git remote -v

origin git at github.com:kstammits/rgsepd.git (fetch)

origin git at github.com:kstammits/rgsepd.git (push)

upstream git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/rgsepd.git (fetch)

upstream git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/rgsepd.git (push)

And when I do various push commands they say "everything up to date"
But I want to make sure the bioc servers get the update before the 3.7
lockdown. Is there any way to see what the are holding ?