[Bioc-devel] package build error probably due to Biomart unavailability

Blattmann Peter blattmann at imsb.biol.ethz.ch
Fri Apr 20 19:44:08 CEST 2018

Dear all,

Our package DominoEffect failed the most recent tests and I suspect the problem was that Biomart was unavailable while the package was packaged and tested (we rely on the biomaRt package). I believe this because I cannot reproduce the error on my own machine and the commit aa9212c has been working fine since two months.

However, regarding the upcoming release it would be good to not rely on chance that biomart is up and running (if my hypothesis is correct that this was the problem). Therefore, has anyone an idea how to prevent such errors in the future or has experience with biomaRt functions in their test or vignettes?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

Peter

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/DominoEffect/merida2-checksrc.html