[Bioc-devel] TIMEOUT on package MEAL

Shepherd, Lori Lori.Shepherd at RoswellPark.org
Fri Apr 20 17:43:52 CEST 2018

Yes.  If it is still experiencing TIMEOUTS than you should work on reducing the time it takes to build.  While those times are under the TIMEOUT limit they are still rather large -

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Carlos Ruiz <carlos.ruiz at isglobal.org>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2018 11:39:17 AM
To: Shepherd, Lori
Cc: Turaga, Nitesh; Bioc-devel
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] TIMEOUT on package MEAL

Hi Lori,

I made some changes to the MEAL vignettes and now MEAL successfully passes tests on Linux and Windows (build time: 1854 and 1613 seconds respectively). However, it still times out in OSX. Should I try to reduce the building time in merida2?

Thanks,
Carlos Ruiz

El 13/04/2018 a las 19:39, Shepherd, Lori escribi�:

It is by fluke that the windows did not time out... The builders timeout occur at 2400 sec and you are right up against the edge at 2145.4 seconds on windows.

The build reports include an EllapsedTime  indication in the summary section for each builder ...

Your package does not meet the requirement (<2400 (40min!!)  and your vignette needs to be altered to fit the time constraints of the builders.

You should easily be able to test R CMD build on your system and log the time to debug this issue. On linux there is the `time <command>`  option.