[Bioc-devel] Transition from Google Sheet to Web App

Obenchain, Valerie Valerie.Obenchain at RoswellPark.org
Thu Apr 19 16:59:08 CEST 2018

Hi Lluis,

We (or at least I) had not considered linking the profile in the credentials app with the profile in the Support Site and currently they are not aware of each other. The email in DESCRIPTION was used to get some emails for the credentials app but it is not the case that an email change in the app will propagate to DESCRIPTION.

We do require package maintainers to be registered on the Support Site in order to submit a package but I'm not sure if this email is checked against the DESCRIPTION.

I see what you mean by having this information in 3 places, DESCRIPTION file, credentials app and Support Site. I think the 'if' and 'how' of connecting these pieces needs some thought. I'll discuss with the group at our next meeting and will follow up here.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Valerie