[Bioc-devel] EXTERNAL: Accessing package citation info programmatically without running R?

Marcel Ramos Marcel.Ramos at roswellpark.org
Tue Apr 17 20:39:57 CEST 2018

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I'm not sure what you mean by "structured" or "format". We do have
public facing citations
which can be found at:
http://bioconductor.org/packages/3.7/bioc/citations/BiocFileCache/citation.html

(Thanks Lori for locating these pages!)

And even with a web-browsable git repository (as you mentioned), one
would still only be able
to get the "unprocessed" CITATION file. The best way to programmatically
get these at the moment
is through the git repository via:

git archive
--remote=git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/MultiAssayExperiment.git \
   HEAD inst/CITATION | tar -xO inst/CITATION > citation.txt

although, we would have to provide the CiteAs service with a key for
read-only access.

Best regards,

Marcel