[Bioc-devel] WARNING regarding imporing SummarizedExperiment

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Sun Apr 15 13:06:29 CEST 2018

The solution is, in the NAMESPACE, to import only those functions used

   importFrom(SummarizedExperiment, "start", "end")
   importFrom(stats, "mean")

or to import everything but

    importFrom(stats, except = c(start, end))

or to explicitly resolve symbols in the code and not mention them in the
NAMESPACE file.

     SummarizedExperiment::start(...)

Each of these styles is supported by roxygen2.

Martin