[Bioc-devel] Missed deadline

Levi Waldron lwaldron.research at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:06:27 CEST 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 5:32 AM, Kenneth Condon <roonysgalbi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Have I missed the deadline for the latest release? I have created a
> package, that runs great but there are a number of errors still from R CMD
> check that I am sorting out.
>
> This is my first R package so I'm not sure if development is far enough
> along, although I suspect it might be.

IMHO, when you're not sure a package is mature enough, and especially for a
first package, it's actually better to miss the release deadline and allow
bioc-devel users test your package for 6 months before entering the release
cycle. Making significant bug fixes and other changes becomes more
complicated and more of a pain for you and your users once you are in the
release...