[Bioc-devel] biocLite and automatic installing of packages Imports packages

Stefan Mutter Stefan.Mutter at sahmri.com
Tue Sep 26 03:40:15 CEST 2017

Hi,

we are currently developing a package that we want to submit to Bioconductor and I am working on the documentation part at the moment.

Our packages requires Rcpp and we have added this dependency under Imports into the DESCRIPTION file. What I am wondering is whether in this situation biocLite would automatically install Rcpp for users that haven't installed the package yet? Or do I need to inform users to install Rcpp first and then use the biocLite command? I have read through your documentation online, but it wasn't clear to me whether biocLite automatically install dependencies listed in Imports.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Stefan