[Bioc-devel] Change push privileges on MotifDb

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Sat Sep 23 20:24:56 CEST 2017

On 09/22/2017 04:29 PM, Matt Richards wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working with Paul Shannon to update the MotifDb package, of which
> he is currently maintainer. Going forward, we have agreed that I should
> take over the responsibility of pushing package changes to the upstream
> branch.
>
> I assume this means we would need to switch the package maintainer to me
> and change the associated SSH keys to mine as well. Is there an established
> protocol to do so?

send email to packages at bioconductor.org cc'ing the new and original
maintainers. It's possible for more than one person to have push access,
so specify whether this is a replacement or additional maintainer (In
practice it is sometimes better for just one individual with push
access, with others sending pull requests to them on some collaborative,
e.g., github, repo).

The new maintainer will need to make their ssh public key available; do
this by filling in the form at https://goo.gl/forms/eg36vcBkIUjfZfLe2
and indicating, in the email, the svn or github id associated with your
public key(s).

Martin