[Bioc-devel] Errors updating DaMiRseq package

Mattia Chiesa mattia.chiesa at hotmail.it
Fri Sep 22 17:02:51 CEST 2017

Dear all,
I am the mantainer of the DaMiRseq package. I have some problems with GIT:
I filled the form for ssh key some weeks ago and I guess everthinks is ok.

$ git remote -v
origin  https://github.com/BioinfoMonzino/DaMiRseq.git (fetch)
origin  https://github.com/BioinfoMonzino/DaMiRseq.git (push)
upstream        git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/DaMiRseq.git (fetch)
upstream        git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/DaMiRseq.git (push)

Now, I want to fix some minor bugs in the package (e.g. some words in the vignette) for the next release.
Therefore, I performed changes and bumped the version of DESCRIPTION FILE to 1.1.2 (it is 1.1.1 in devel https://www.bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/html/DaMiRseq.html ) and try to update both the Bioconductor and the exixting GitHub repository ( https://github.com/BioinfoMonzino/DaMiRseq )<https://github.com/BioinfoMonzino/DaMiRseq>. So, following the "Scenario 2" for the git transition ( https://github.com/Bioconductor/bioc_git_transition/blob/master/doc/scenario-2-push-to-github-gitbioc.md) I have just run:

$ git add .
$ git commit -m  "message for commit"
$ git push origin master

Counting objects: 3, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 327 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (2/2), completed with 2 local objects.
To https://github.com/BioinfoMonzino/DaMiRseq.git
   21d32c2..1890325  master -> master

Everythink seems ok, but finally I ran:

$ git push upstream master
Enter passphrase for key '/c/Users/mchiesa/.ssh/id_rsa':

To git.bioconductor.org:packages/DaMiRseq.git
 ! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/DaMiRseq.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is behind
hint: its remote counterpart. Integrate the remote changes (e.g.
hint: 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.

I have also thought to "merge conflicts", but I got again an error message

$ git merge upstream/master
fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories

What should I do?
Thank in advance,
Mattia