[Bioc-devel] Generic for write to BiocGenerics

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Thu Sep 21 06:15:22 CEST 2017

If we want to move export() to BiocGenerics of course import()
would need to follow.

My rough estimate is that this move would possibly break between
20-30 packages or more. The BioC 3.6 release is coming soon and
it's a bit late to introduce such a disruptive change. So I vote
for postponing this to BioC 3.7.

@jo: Would you consider making MSnbase depend on rtracklayer in
the mean time? Alternatively, my suggestion to use a specific
write* name still stands.

H.

E-mail: hpages at fredhutch.org
Phone:  (206) 667-5791