[Bioc-devel] [Untrusted Server]Re: strange error in Jenkins build forsingleCellWorkflow

Aaron Lun alun at wehi.edu.au
Sat Sep 16 07:53:34 CEST 2017

Bumping this rather old thread. To re-iterate, I'm updating my simpleSingleCell workflow and I'm running into R's DLL limit. I've added a code block halfway through the workflow that unloads all DLLs and cleans them out, and this works fine during compilation on my local machine.

However, it seems that the BioC workflow builder uses a pre-processing step whereby it first tries to load all packages contained within library() calls. This hits the DLL limit as it doesn't execute the protective code block, which defeats the purpose of all my fiddling in the first place.

What options are there? I'm happy to split my workflow into multiple smaller Rmarkdown files that get compiled separately, provided there is appropriate support for this setup from the build system.

Cheers

Aaron