[Bioc-devel] Hsapiens in bioconductor

Tomasz Stokowy tomasz.stokowy at k2.uib.no
Thu Sep 14 15:14:39 CEST 2017

Dear bioc-devel,

I would like to import Hsapiens objects from both
BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19
and
BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg38

this is currently handled in the namespace of my package by

import(BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19)
import(BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg38)

I get warning (because I assign two different genomes to Hsapiens
variable):
Warning: replacing previous import ‘BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19::Hsapiens’
by ‘BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg38::Hsapiens’ when loading ‘RareVariantVis’

Could you suggest how to avoid this warning? I would like to use both hg19
and hg38 references in my package.

Packages are listed in my Description file under Imports:. Furthermore, I
use them as BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg38::Hsapiens in my code.

Kind regards,

--
Tomasz Stokowy Phd
Senior Engineer