[Bioc-devel] BiocStyle2: issue with wide figure command

Ludwig Geistlinger Ludwig.Geistlinger at bio.ifi.lmu.de
Tue Sep 12 23:03:51 CEST 2017

Dear Andrzej,

BiocStyle2 is a great piece of work and the new vignettes look really nice!
Thank you!

However, I am having a problem with the widefigure (figure*) environment,
which apparently only holds for my local installation, as the same
vignette builds fine here:

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/EnrichmentBrowser/

However, on my machine (- do I need to update any external dependencies?):

Rdev CMD build EnrichmentBrowser
* checking for file ‘EnrichmentBrowser/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
* preparing ‘EnrichmentBrowser’:
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* installing the package to build vignettes
* creating vignettes ... ERROR
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  Execution of 'texi2dvi' for 'EnrichmentBrowser.tex' failed.
LaTeX errors:
! Undefined control sequence.
\\figure* [#1]->\blockmargin
                             \@biocfloat at wide {figure}{#1}
l.761 \centering

! Undefined control sequence.
\endfigure* ->\endfigure \unblockmargin
                                        [1em]
l.768 \end{figure*}

! Undefined control sequence.
\\figure* [#1]->\blockmargin
                             \@biocfloat at wide {figure}{#1}
l.1002 \begin{figure*}[!h]

! Undefined control sequence.
\endfigure* ->\endfigure \unblockmargin
                                        [1em]
l.1008 \end{figure*}

Call: <Anonymous> -> texi2pdf -> texi2dvi
Exectuion halted.

Here is some information on the build environment, please let me know if I
should provide additional information:

> sessionInfo()
R version 3.4.1 (2017-06-30)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Matrix products: default
BLAS:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/lib/libRblas.0.dylib
LAPACK:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib

locale:
[1] C/UTF-8/C/C/C/C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] BiocStyle_2.5.37

 [1] compiler_3.4.1  backports_1.1.0 magrittr_1.5    rprojroot_1.2
 [5] htmltools_0.3.6 tools_3.4.1     yaml_2.1.14     Rcpp_0.12.12
 [9] stringi_1.1.5   rmarkdown_1.6   knitr_1.16      stringr_1.2.0
[13] digest_0.6.12   evaluate_0.10.1

Thanks,
Ludwig