[Bioc-devel] Fwd: Hook declined on a branch

Turaga, Nitesh Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org
Tue Sep 12 16:08:18 CEST 2017

Begin forwarded message:

From: ni41435_ca <nitesh.turaga at roswellpark.org<mailto:nitesh.turaga at roswellpark.org>>
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] Hook declined on a branch
Date: September 12, 2017 at 7:33:00 AM EDT
To: Samuel Wieczorek <samuel.wieczorek at cea.fr<mailto:samuel.wieczorek at cea.fr>>

You cannot create branches on upstream.

The only ones allowed are “master” and “RELEASE_3_5” at the moment.

On Sep 12, 2017, at 1:50 AM, Samuel Wieczorek <samuel.wieczorek at cea.fr<mailto:samuel.wieczorek at cea.fr>> wrote:

Hi all

I have created a branch 'bioanalyse' for the package Prostar in my local
repository and I want to push the changes on the github server.

I ran the following command but it returned an error message :

git push --set-upstream origin bioanalyse
Counting objects: 17, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (17/17), done.
Writing objects: 100% (17/17), 4.31 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 17 (delta 12), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: FATAL: W refs/heads/bioanalyse packages/Prostar s.wieczorek
DENIED by fallthru
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/bioanalyse
To git.bioconductor.org<http://git.bioconductor.org>:packages/Prostar.git
! [remote rejected] bioanalyse -> bioanalyse (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to
'git at git.bioconductor.org<mailto:git at git.bioconductor.org>:packages/Prostar.git'

Is there anyone who knows what happens ?

PS : I can push on the master and upstream.

Best regards

Sam

--
*Samuel Wieczorek

Etude de la Dynamique des Protéomes (EDyP)*
*Laboratoire Biologie à Grande Echelle (BGE)*
*U1038 INSERM / CEA / UGA*
*Biosciences and Biotechnology Institute of Grenoble (BIG)*
*CEA / Grenoble*
*17 avenue des Martyrs*
*F-38054 Grenoble Cedex 9*
*/Tél. : 04.38.78.44.14/*