[Bioc-devel] Upstream permission denied

Simina Boca smb310 at georgetown.edu
Mon Sep 11 18:58:10 CEST 2017

Hi Vladimir,
This seems like the same error I was getting. Here is the helpful advice I
got from Sean:

Hi, Simina.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Vladimir Kiselev <
vladimir.yu.kiselev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to push a new version of my package to git.bioconductor.org. I
> was able to do that in the past. But I've recently changed my public key
> and not sure whether this causes a problem. However, I can see my new
> public key here - https://github.com/wikiselev.keys - and it is the first
> one in the list.
>
> When I look at the remote I can see git.bioconductor.org there but when I
> try to push to upstream I get an error:
>
> git remote -v
> origin  git at github.com:hemberg-lab/scmap.git (fetch)
> origin  git at github.com:hemberg-lab/scmap.git (push)
> upstream        git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/scmap.git (fetch)
> upstream        git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/scmap.git (push)
>
> git push origin master
> Everything up-to-date
>
> git push upstream master
> Permission denied (publickey).
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
>
> Could anyone please help?
> Many thanks in advance,
> Kind regards,
> Vladimir
> --
> http://genat.uk

Simina M. Boca
Assistant Professor
Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics  (ICBI)
Department of Oncology | Georgetown University Medical Center
Department of Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Biomathematics | Georgetown
University Medical Center
Cancer Prevention and Control Program | Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center

2115 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 110
Washington, DC 20007
Phone: (202) 687-1545
Fax: (202) 687-5011