[Bioc-devel] denied access to git

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Mon Sep 11 12:33:59 CEST 2017

On 09/11/2017 04:43 AM, Karim Mezhoud wrote:
> Dear admin,
> I re-submit my ssh key to the google form.
> Maybe I need to wait to get approved.
>
> Actually I do not have access to push updates for bioCancer package.
>
> bioCancer Mezhoud$  git remote -v
> origin    https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/bioCancer (fetch)

Notice when you visit the github link that it is 'read only' and further
(from https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror) no longer current.

Remove the 'origin' remote, and don't push there

   git remote remove origin
   git push upstream master

Can you help us to understand why you added the Bioconductor-mirror
remote, so that we can help others avoid the same problem?

Other developers maintain a version of their repository on github, and
might have added an 'origin' remote pointing there; this is appropriate.

Martin