[Bioc-devel] How can I remove limit of row numbers that can be printed on console?

Arman Shahrisa shahrisa.arman at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 8 21:50:15 CEST 2017

Thank you very much for helping. I have a package in Bioconductor submission procedure.
One of package functions shows the available cancer studies, allowing the user to choose
from them.  I have two options: Saving the output to the package directory or printing it
on the console. Apparently, assigning the output to environment is not allowed,
unless user does it by arrow sign him/her self (To me, both look like the same!).
Therefore, I have to print the output on console. I’ve seen such approach in cgdsr package
without any truncation. I took a look through its R code and couldn’t figure it out. I thought
maybe somebody knows what to do?

My function also stores an excel file with the same output (to shre it with others ). There is no
logics behind saving the excel file and then opening it with R. So, I think at the same time results
should be stored as a variable or printed on console.

Best wishes,
Arman