[Bioc-devel] pandoc SSL error on malbec2 and tokay2

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 15:16:55 CEST 2017

Build errors like these (related to processing of vignettes) happens
occasionally.  I _strongly_ suggests not not using non-standard fonts or
advanced layout features.  The small advantage of this (better aesthetics
according to the package writer, but not always according to everyone who
reads it) does not outweigh the disadvantage of package failure and
associated time burden on the package authors and the build system /
admins.  I strongly suggests using BiocStyle; I know that the layout
doesn't agree with everyone, but (1) you can expect that the build system
will support this and (2) aesthetics is highly personal anyway.

Best,
Kasper