[Bioc-devel] COHCAP GitHub Update

Charles Warden cwarden45 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 20:15:59 CEST 2017

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks.  Unfortunately, I can't connect to the Bioconductor repository that
way:

*cwarden$ git clone git at git.bioconductor.org/packages/COHCAP.git
<http://git@git.bioconductor.org/packages/COHCAP.git>*

*fatal: repository 'git at git.bioconductor.org/packages/COHCAP.git
<http://git@git.bioconductor.org/packages/COHCAP.git>' does not exist*

However, I can connect and update the GitHub repository with the SSH
commands:

cwarden$ git clone git at github.com:cwarden45/COHCAP.git

Cloning into 'COHCAP'...

Saving password to keychain failed

Identity added: /Users/cwarden/.ssh/id_rsa ((null))

remote: Counting objects: 59, done.

remote: Total 59 (delta 9), reused 3 (delta 2), pack-reused 0

Receiving objects: 100% (59/59), 56.83 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (9/9), done.

Checking connectivity... done.

BR11252:COHCAP cwarden$ git status

On branch master

Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

Changes not staged for commit:

  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)

  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

modified:   CHANGES

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

BR11252:COHCAP cwarden$ git commit -a -m "test commit"

[master f2aded7] test commit

 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

BR11252:COHCAP cwarden$ git push

Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '192.30.255.112'
to the list of known hosts.

Counting objects: 3, done.

Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.

Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 302 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.

Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)

remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (2/2), completed with 2 local objects.

To git at github.com:cwarden45/COHCAP.git

   5285d59..f2aded7  master -> master

*If it helps with troubleshooting, I can also try to update the
Bioconductor repository as an upstream link to the GitHub repository, but
that also does not work (at the push step, see below):*

cwarden$ git clone git at github.com:cwarden45/COHCAP.git

Cloning into 'COHCAP'...

remote: Counting objects: 63, done.

remote: Total 63 (delta 12), reused 7 (delta 4), pack-reused 0

Receiving objects: 100% (63/63), 57.24 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (12/12), done.

Checking connectivity... done.

cwarden$ cd COHCAP

COHCAP cwarden$ git remote -v

origin git at github.com:cwarden45/COHCAP.git (fetch)

origin git at github.com:cwarden45/COHCAP.git (push)

COHCAP cwarden$ git remote add upstream git at git.bioconductor.org:
packages/COHCAP.git

BR11252:COHCAP cwarden$ git remote -v

origin git at github.com:cwarden45/COHCAP.git (fetch)

origin git at github.com:cwarden45/COHCAP.git (push)

upstream git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/COHCAP.git (fetch)

upstream git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/COHCAP.git (push)

COHCAP cwarden$ git fetch upstream

warning: no common commits

remote: Counting objects: 485, done.

Receiving objects: 100% (485/485), 110.22 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (328/328), done.

From git.bioconductor.org:packages/COHCAP

 * [new branch]      RELEASE_2_14 -> upstream/RELEASE_2_14

 * [new branch]      RELEASE_3_0 -> upstream/RELEASE_3_0

 * [new branch]      RELEASE_3_1 -> upstream/RELEASE_3_1

 * [new branch]      RELEASE_3_2 -> upstream/RELEASE_3_2

 * [new branch]      RELEASE_3_3 -> upstream/RELEASE_3_3

 * [new branch]      RELEASE_3_4 -> upstream/RELEASE_3_4

 * [new branch]      RELEASE_3_5 -> upstream/RELEASE_3_5

 * [new branch]      master     -> upstream/master

COHCAP cwarden$ git merge upstream/master

Auto-merging vignettes/COHCAP.Rnw

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in vignettes/COHCAP.Rnw

Auto-merging man/COHCAP.site.Rd

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in man/COHCAP.site.Rd

Auto-merging man/COHCAP.qc.Rd

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in man/COHCAP.qc.Rd

Auto-merging man/COHCAP.integrate.avg.by.site.Rd

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in man/COHCAP.integrate.avg.by.site.Rd

Auto-merging man/COHCAP.integrate.avg.by.island.Rd

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in man/COHCAP.integrate.avg.by.island.Rd

Auto-merging man/COHCAP.denovo.Rd

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in man/COHCAP.denovo.Rd

Auto-merging man/COHCAP.avg.by.site.Rd

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in man/COHCAP.avg.by.site.Rd

Auto-merging man/COHCAP.avg.by.island.Rd

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in man/COHCAP.avg.by.island.Rd

Auto-merging man/COHCAP.annotate.Rd

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in man/COHCAP.annotate.Rd

Auto-merging man/COHCAP.BSSeq.preprocess.Rd

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in man/COHCAP.BSSeq.preprocess.Rd

Auto-merging NAMESPACE

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in NAMESPACE

Auto-merging DESCRIPTION

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in DESCRIPTION

Auto-merging CHANGES

CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in CHANGES

[modified files to keep changes intended for SVN Bioconductor repository]

COHCAP cwarden$ git add CHANGES

COHCAP cwarden$ git add DESCRIPTION

COHCAP cwarden$ git add NAMESPACE

COHCAP cwarden$ git add man/COHCAP.BSSeq.preprocess.Rd

COHCAP cwarden$ git add man/COHCAP.annotate.Rd

COHCAP cwarden$ git add man/COHCAP.avg.by.island.Rd

COHCAP cwarden$ git add man/COHCAP.avg.by.site.Rd

COHCAP cwarden$ git add man/COHCAP.denovo.Rd

COHCAP cwarden$ git add man/COHCAP.integrate.avg.by.island.Rd

COHCAP cwarden$ git add man/COHCAP.integrate.avg.by.site.Rd

COHCAP cwarden$ git add man/COHCAP.qc.Rd

COHCAP cwarden$ git add man/COHCAP.site.Rd

COHCAP cwarden$ git add man/COHCAP.reformatFinalReport.Rd

COHCAP cwarden$ git add vignettes/COHCAP.Rnw

COHCAP cwarden$ git add R/COHCAP.reformatFinalReport.R

COHCAP cwarden$ git push upstream master

To git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/COHCAP.git

 ! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast-forward)

error: failed to push some refs to 'git at git.bioconductor.org:
packages/COHCAP.git'

hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is behind

hint: its remote counterpart. Integrate the remote changes (e.g.

hint: 'git pull ...') before pushing again.

hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.

Can you please help me troubleshoot updating the Bioconductor COHCAP
repository via SSH?

Thanks,

Charles