[Bioc-devel] git transition: unrelated histories

Fabian Müller fmueller at mpi-inf.mpg.de
Fri Sep 1 10:38:49 CEST 2017

Hi,
I am trying to make the git transition from our RnBeads package. Unfortunately I am not able to merge from our current github’s master branch (which had been existing since SVN times) to the BioC master branch due to unrelated history:
“refusing to merge unrelated histories”
I would like to keep syncing both to our github and to BioC. I tried the “--allow-unrelated-histories” option, but it did not really work: after resolving a bunch of merge conflicts, pulling again from the BioC git and resolving merge conflicts again, I am able to push to BioC. However, if I then want to merge from another branch of our github, I get unrelated histories again.
Has anyone else had this issue and knows how to resolve this best?

Best regards,
Fabian

PS: Here is the link to our github:
https://github.com/epigen/RnBeads.git <https://github.com/epigen/RnBeads.git>
    Fabian Müller
     Max Planck Institute for Informatics
     Computational Biology and Applied Algorithmics Department

     Saarland Informatics Campus
     Building E 1.4
     Room 509
     66123 Saarbrücken