[Bioc-devel] Help with a Gviz-plot that differs on a Mac and on an Ubuntu machine

Stian Lågstad stianlagstad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 21:27:22 CEST 2017

Hi,

I hope it is ok that I ask for help here. I have a mac-specific problem
with one of the plot chimeraviz
<https://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/chimeraviz.html>
produces. This Github issue
<https://github.com/stianlagstad/chimeraviz/issues/7#issuecomment-337275103>
has code that produces a plot that looks different on a mac and on a Ubuntu
machine. In the plot in question I make use of `Gviz::coords()` to
figure out where in the plot specific exons are drawn. When using
`chimeraviz::plotFusion()` on a mac, the call to `Gviz::coords()` seems to
give the wrong values. Though I haven't been able to create a reproducible
example without using chimeraviz - suggesting that I must be doing
something wrong in chimeraviz.

If anyone has time to take a look I'd be grateful. Or if anyone are aware
of any grid issues/differences between mac and other systems that'd be
helpful as well.

--
Stian Lågstad
+47 41 80 80 25