[Bioc-devel] how can I contribute to the success of great packages?

Dario Strbenac dstr7320 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Sat Oct 21 03:00:10 CEST 2017

Good day,

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate your regular insights on the support forum over the years. It seems that Gviz will be stable enough to use, although the same maintainer's domainsignatures package has strikethrough across its name in the 3.6 build report, indicating its deprecation from Bioconductor. domainsignatures has no NEWS file explaining why it is being deprecated, so the deprecation seems unplanned and unintentional, so end-users of it would have no advance notice if it later became defunct until they were faced with failed biocLite installation command. I simply wish to avoid that situation with genomic plotting. Indeed, I wouldn't be as cautious if I was considering csaw, for example, and noticed build system warnings close to the deadline.