[Bioc-devel] R version dependence of a new package

Yaoyong Li liyaoyong85 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 13:54:16 CEST 2017

Hello,

may I ask a question about the R version dependence?

Currently I am trying to submit a package to Bioconductor repository. When
my package was built at bioconductor.org, I got a warning message

"* WARNING: Update R version dependency from 2.3.0 to 3.4."

So I changed the R dependency to 3.4 in my DESCRIPTION file, and
consequently the warning message disappeared. However, as one result of the
change, my package cannot be loaded and run in R whose version is earlier
than 3.4. On the other hand, my package actually doesn't need the R version
>= 3.4. For example, it works perfectly with R version 3.2.2 which was
installed in my computer. S my question is why the package builder at
bioconductor.org wanted my package to update the R version to 3.4.

Best regards,

Yaoyong