[Bioc-devel] Why should Bioconductor developers re-use core classes?

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 18 02:16:50 CEST 2017

I found it a very congenial presentation.

One related issue -- perhaps -- a new HDF5 interface package, that is
based on R6!

https://github.com/hhoeflin/hdf5r

Core class consciousness is surely worthy of promotion.  But what about OOP
methodology?  I personally am happy with S4.  I believe there are some
packages
that use setRefClass ... any guidance on this?