[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor 3.6 release: update NEWS

Stian Lågstad stianlagstad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 17:05:17 CEST 2017

Hi,

What should the NEWS file look like? Are there guidelines somewhere?

Also, where should it be located? This page
<https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/package-submission/> says
`inst/NEWS`, but I see many packages has the file at root level.

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 5:16 PM, Obenchain, Valerie <
Valerie.Obenchain at roswellpark.org> wrote:

> Package maintainers,
>
> If you haven't already, please update the NEWS files in your packages.
> This information will be included in the release announcement. The deadline
> for updating NEWS files is Tuesday, October 24:
>
> http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/release-schedule/
>
> Thanks.
>
> Valerie

> information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
> distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited.  If you have

Stian Lågstad
+47 41 80 80 25