[Bioc-devel] BiocGenerics request

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Sat Oct 14 00:32:44 CEST 2017

Hi Stephanie,

Can you provide a little bit more context? Have you observed
conflicts between VariantAnnotation:::asVCF() and other asVCF()
functions defined elsewhere? Any reason why you can't use/import
VariantAnnotation:::asVCF() in your package?

Alternatively, have you considered using/defining a coercion method
to VCF instead? That should work (and would be preferred) if you
don't need the extra arguments that an "asVCF" method would allow
you to support.

The VCF class is defined in the VariantAnnotation package so it
would be weird to have the asVCF() generic in BiocGenerics.

Cheers,
H.

On 10/13/2017 01:55 PM, Stephanie M. Gogarten wrote:
> Can we move the "asVCF" generic to BiocGenerics?
>
> thanks,
> Stephanie

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology