[Bioc-devel] EXTERNAL: can not fetch git upstream repository

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Tue Oct 10 18:18:24 CEST 2017

On 10/10/2017 12:06 PM, Yu Kong wrote:
> Dear Bioc-devel group,
>
> Sorry for the disrupt here, I got the same errors many people had these
> days. I can not fetch remote upstream repository using github. I've already
> submitted my git ID through google form. Is there anything that I missed?
> Thanks a lot for your help!

Looks like your form indicated that your 'svn' id was ykong2, but it was
actually y.kong.

Looks like you submitted 'ykong2' as your ssh public key or github
username. But github.com/ykong2.keys does not have any ssh key and
'ykong2' is not an ssh public key.

Try submitting the form again using y.kong as your svn id, and your ssh
public key as your ssh public key.

See e.g.,
https://git-scm.com/book/gr/v2/Git-on-the-Server-Generating-Your-SSH-Public-Key

Martin