[Bioc-devel] Query regarding size limit and including external datasets

Anand MT anand_mt at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 2 03:57:35 CEST 2017

Hi Kasper,

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought including them in the same package would be much easier than making a separate package, but I guess you're rite regarding versioning of mutation data.

Regarding mutations, they are purely somatic variants (no germline variants) made public by Broad GDAC. They are compiled from recent analyses run generated by Firehose pipeline, so I think its okay to share them with proper acknowledgement (there is a citable DOI for each dataset).