[Bioc-devel] Data package timeouts

Mike Smith grimbough at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:09:11 CET 2017

Hi Mike,

I was experiencing similar problems with the BeadArrayUseCases vignette,
where using getGEO() from GEOquery was getting stuck in a (seemingly)
infinite loop processing a GSE series matrix file.  It looks like both of
your examples try to do this too, so I suspect it's a similar issue.  I
think the format of those files has changed recently and it seems to be
causing a fair few issues with GEOquery.

I temporarily settled a solution by getting querying GEO directly rather
than using a local file, but it would be nice to get it back working as
intended.

Mike