[Bioc-devel] updating and syncing existing package with Github

Obenchain, Valerie Valerie.Obenchain at RoswellPark.org
Tue Nov 28 23:01:32 CET 2017

On 11/28/2017 01:45 PM, Obenchain, Valerie wrote:

Hi Mehrnoush,

When posting a question, try to provide as many details as possible. Show commands you've tried, any error messages you see, or point us to links that may be useful. The more details we have the easier it is to help you.

>From looking around I found that flowDensity was in the release build report

  https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/

but not devel

  https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/

The problem was a bad DESCRIPTION file caused by the blank lines you had in there. I see you've removed them in your second to last commit. I also see you did not bump the version in your last commit (Nov 28).

commit 1be6264c9a44064ab8a7e0712195d651a897448e (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: mehrnoushmalek <mmalekes at bccrc.ca><mailto:mmalekes at bccrc.ca><mailto:mmalekes at bccrc.ca><mailto:mmalekes at bccrc.ca>
Date:   Tue Nov 28 09:37:12 2017 -0800

    Updated the vignette.

vignettes/flowDensityVignette.pdf

commit ab67d8dbe7af5df6ef7b83f26212c39ae9d1f925
Author: mehrnoushmalek <mmalekes at bccrc.ca><mailto:mmalekes at bccrc.ca><mailto:mmalekes at bccrc.ca><mailto:mmalekes at bccrc.ca>
Date:   Tue Nov 28 09:36:49 2017 -0800

    Removed blank line from DESCRIPTION

DESCRIPTION

commit 53a0cc145074cb371ffa78b337998ceba327565c
Author: mehrnoushmalek <mmalekes at bccrc.ca><mailto:mmalekes at bccrc.ca><mailto:mmalekes at bccrc.ca><mailto:mmalekes at bccrc.ca>
Date:   Mon Nov 27 12:34:39 2017 -0800

    bumped the version

DESCRIPTION

When you commit a change to your package bump the 'z' portion of the version. A version bump is necessary for package propagation in the build system.
https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/

Correction: The below should have said the builds start at ~ 2pm PST / 5pm EST.

Valerie

The builds start ~ 2pm EST. Any commits you make after that time will not be included on the next build report. You need to wait another cycle before those changes will be picked up.

Valerie