[Bioc-devel] Using devel version of Bioconductor

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Sun Nov 26 03:58:47 CET 2017

On 11/25/2017 04:39 AM, 朱莉娜 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have submitted a new software package(HTSanalyzeR2) to bioconductor and
> has got some error. So I need to use the devel version of Bioconductor and
> the development version of R to fix any problems before the next commit.
> But I came across some puzzles in doing so, when I use the development
> version of Bioconductor and R, some pacakges I need is not usable for this
> development R version and I have no idea about it. Could you please provide
> some useful links or suggestions?

I guess you're on Windows, and the problem is that CRAN is not providing
the correct binaries at the moment

   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2017-November/012418.html

this will eventually get cleared up, but for a Windows developer it
means that they must install their packages from 'source'. This could be
not too painful (install 'Rtools' from
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/) or quite painful (e.g.,
compiling XML).

> Another confusion is that since the check in bioconductor need R in 3.5
> version, so then nobody could use my package by installing it from
> github only if they use the development version of R?

a strategy would be to create a github branch that had dependencies on
an earlier version of R, and to point your github users there until your
package is in Bioconductor.

Martin