[Bioc-devel] "Long tests" builds

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Tue Nov 7 23:21:40 CET 2017

2 more things:

On 11/07/2017 02:10 PM, Hervé Pagès wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> In this recent thread:
>
>    https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2017-October/012154.html
>
> some of you expressed the desire to be able to have extra/longer unit
> tests in their package, with these tests being run on a regular basis
> by our build machines.
>
> To address this, we've started the "long tests" builds:
>
>    https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/
>
> Any software package can participate to these builds. To participate
> you need to:
>
>    1) Subscribe your package.
>       To subscribe, add a .BBSoptions file to the top-level folder of
>       your package source tree with the following line in it:
>
>       RunLongtests: TRUE
>
>    2) Create the longtests/ folder in the top-level folder of your
>       package source tree and put tests in it, just like you would
>       do with the tests/ folder.
>
> The "long tests" builds will run 'R CMD check --test-dir=longtests'
> once a week (every Saturday) and thus will run the tests located in
> the longtests/ folder. The results will get published here:
>
>    https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.7/bioc-longtests-LATEST/

The following URL is more generic and is actually preferred (especially
if you're going to bookmark it):

   https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-longtests-LATEST/

> The maximum allowed time for the tests to complete is 6h. If they
> take more, they get interrupted and a TIMEOUT is reported. Keep in
> mind that 'R CMD check' is run with the --force-multiarch option on
> Windows.

The "long tests" builds are not running on Windows at the moment.
Depending on how these builds are doing, this will probably change
in the future.

H.

--
Hervé Pagès