[Bioc-devel] Confusion with how to maintain release/devel files on local computer.

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 2 01:54:51 CET 2017

As I plan to "fix a bug" in release version of BiocSklearn, I tried

%vjcair> git checkout remotes/upstream/RELEASE_3_6

Here is the result; what would I do to make some changes, alter DESCRIPTION
version to 1.0.1, commit and push so that the build system

has 1.0.1?

Note: checking out 'remotes/upstream/RELEASE_3_6'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental

changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this

state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may

do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

  git checkout -b <new-branch-name>

HEAD is now at 98fabcd... bump x.y.z versions to even y prior to creation
of RELEASE_3_6 branch