[Bioc-devel] Confusion with how to maintain release/devel files on local computer.

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Wed Nov 1 22:20:01 CET 2017

On 11/01/2017 04:42 PM, Gabe Becker wrote:
> Arman,
>
> Not on the Bioc team per se, but I would say only have a checkout of the
> release branch when you need it, ie a bug is reported, you have fixed it in
> devel, and you are ready to push the very narrow bugfix to release. I only
> keep "master" checkouts of my packages on a permanent basis.

In case Arman is not aware, the basic scenarios are at

   https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git

the most straight-forward of which (a clone of the Bioconductor git
repository, no GitHub mirror) is

   https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/maintain-bioc-only/

Generally, one has only a single local git repository, switching between
branches within that repository.

Martin