[Bioc-devel] R6 and Bioconductor

Garth Ilsley garth.ilsley at oist.jp
Sat May 13 11:22:30 CEST 2017

> Just to add to what Gabe already said, defer your performance concerns until you've actually got something that works and is
> well written. If you hit up against a performance barrier, come back and we can help.

To clarify, my question wasn't motivated by concerns about performance, but I appreciate the offer. My interest was style and idiom since there is more than one way to do it. However, I believe my question has been answered: S4 functional classes are the preferred and expected idiom for user-facing classes in Bioconductor. I'm fine with following this approach in order to ensure consistency, and so on.