[Bioc-devel] developing R package for new release

Nicholas Clark clarkno at mail.uc.edu
Mon Mar 20 20:52:43 CET 2017

Thanks for taking the time to reply, James.

I was confused by the fact that R 3.3.3 was released a few weeks ago and I was thinking that was previously the R-devel… meaning the R version you’re supposed to develop against would have just changed a few weeks ago. I re-read the sentence “R has a ‘.y’ release in x.y.z every year” and now it makes sense. The confusing was due to my misreading.

Thanks for the clarification of how the git/subversion branches work as well.

Best,
Nick
Graduate Research Assistant
Laboratory for Statistical Genomics and Systems Biology
University of Cincinnati