[Bioc-devel] MSA Consensus

Ulrich Bodenhofer bodenhofer at bioinf.jku.at
Tue Mar 14 13:01:14 CET 2017

Hi Natalie,

Sorry, there is presently no such function in the 'msa' package and, as
far as I know, there is no such thing in 'Biostrings' either. If you can
specify us an exact formula how to compute the score you are
particularly interested in (or at least point us to a reference), we can
try to implement it before the next major release in April. Note that
the msaPrettyPrint() function is just a wrapper around the LaTeX package
'texshade'. No matter what 'texshade' may do internally, we have no
access to its internal functionality from R.

Thanks and best regards,
Ulrich